As we come upon the close of 2017 and approach the most wonderful time of the year, we should push the Pause Button. Here are some questions we could ask ourselves:
- What did I accomplish in 2017?
- What will I have to carry over to my 2018 To Do List?
- What were my gains?
- What were my losses?
- What new friends and associates did I add to my roster?
- Which ones did I lose or let go?
- What did I drop because it no longer positively served me?
- What could I have handled differently?
- What are my regrets, if any?
- What else do I need to discard or release?
- What can I do between now and December 31st to be truly prepared for 2018?
As we authentically prepare for 2018, we should try to enter the year with as clean a slate as possible. This is comparable to asking young students to clean off their whiteboards before presenting the next math problem.
Similar to life’s events, new problems come with any new territory. They come to help us grow and evolve as spiritual beings and we are better able to solve them if we have a lightened load.
So prepare ye! Do an inventory and a deep inner cleansing before ringing in the New Year!
Lynn M. December 2, 2017