As you draw closer to the end of 2022, you may ask yourself, “What did I accomplish?” It would be a great idea to make a list of what you did achieve. First, you are still here. Start with that gracious fact that you did survive up to this very moment. Then, go from there and recall your accomplishments, for each month and see where your list ends.
This Biblical quote is helpful in formulating a gratitude journal for everyday people. “But let every man prove his own work and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone and not in another.” (Galatians 6:4). You can see from the stories on the news feeds that huge sums of money do not equate to happiness so you can go from there.
Here are a few things you can ask yourself:
- Did you work this year and earn a legal income?
- Are you proud of the work of your hands?
- Did you create something that those coming behind you could use as a future guide?
- Did you help someone by sharing a gift, a helping hand or even a listening ear?
- Did you encourage someone, even a small child, or help that person feel more secure?
- Did you practice positive thinking in this era of unnecessary trolling and meanness?
- Did you think before you spoke and decided to hold your babbling tongue on some issues?
- Did you make new friends this year?
- Did you delete some toxic people from your life?
- Did you create your own wealth, or did you pilfer from the work of others?
- Did you practice calming activities such as quietness, deep breathing, walking, journalling or whatever enhances your peaceful aura?
- If you have spiritual sources or gurus on which you depend, did you tithe or share your profits?
- Did you practice kindness and patience with those in your sphere?
- Are you feeling healthy in mind, body, soul, and spirit?
- And most importantly, are you happy with where you are in life? If not, how do you plan to change that in the New Year?
Think about these things. Begin your list so that you can start 2023 with a cleaner house., clearer plan and made-up mind. Kudos!
December 17, 2022